Today we bring you a simple and easy idea to decorate the table at Christmas. With these cutlery holders made of felt, you will add creativity to your festive table, in a very easy way. And your guests will love them!
You will need the following materials:
- Flat felt sheets in red.
- Green, silver or golden ribbon.
- Embroidery thread in green, grey or light brown.
- Jewellery beads (optional).
Let’s get started!
- Cut a rectangle measuring 32 x 10 cm from the red felt.
- Fold the rectangle to create a pocket. The fold is about 12 cm, making sure that its size will accommodate your cutlery.
- Once you have your pocket folded, stitch both sides together using blanket stitch around all the edge with embroidery thread. Use a thread of the same colour as the bow you are going to place. For example, if the bow is silver, you can use grey thread. If the bow is green, stitch it with green thread. With a golden bow, you can use light brown thread in case you lack golden, and it will also look great.
- Cut off a few pieces of ribbon of approximately 25 cm. Shape and sew the bow. You can add a small jewellery bead in the center (those ones with a hole in the center to pass the thread through).
- Finally, fix the bow to your cutlery holder … and that’s it!
In particular, these holders were part of a solidarity project for the SOLC Association in Spain (Association for Support and Help in the Treatment of Cancer). Altogether, 500 units were made, as a gift for all those people who collaborate every year with this association.
You can see how easy they are, so you can also make them and surprise your family and friends (if we managed 500 in record time, sure you can deal with one, two… or several dozen units 😉 ). They can be a cute gift at the end of the dinner and they can also help you to organize the table just by adding a tag with your guests’ names.
We hope you like our Christmas post, and that you are inspired to join us for the next craft!